Alpha Brain by Onnit is one of the first nootropic stacks to hit the market. It’s considered a tried and true classic nootropic stack with powerful memory-boosting properties. It’s development has inspired many other companies to develop high-quality, well-researched nootropic blends.
Part of the popularity of AlphaBrain is due to the endorsement by Joe Rogan, a popular podcaster and MMA commentator who is known for his experiments with nootropics and other novel psychoactive compounds.
Despite the hype surrounding this nootropic stack, there is strong reason to believe it truly works. It has retained a strong reputation ever since its inception, and many people report very positive experiences from it.
Who Can Benefit From Alpha Brain?
Alpha Brain was developed to rapidly improve mental acuity and eliminate brain fog, leaving the user feeling very sharp and quick. It can enhance memory, especially recollection of names, places, and words, and can improve focus. This can ultimately lead to impressive verbal fluidiy, heightened mental clarity, and enhanced learning ability.
Ultimately, Onnit has developed this stack as a mental performance enhancer that can allow you to beat out your competition. Whether you’re seeking academic, social, or career goals, Alpha Brain may give you the extra 10% you need to fuel your tasks.
See the video below for more information.
Alpha Brain Ingredients & How it Works
Alph aBrain contains a potent mix of nootropics known for enhancing memory function and brain activity. It should be noted that there are no stimulants such as caffeine in this stack – it only contains tried and true nootropics that have a synergistic effect when combined together.
- L-Tyrosine is a naturally occuring amino acid which the brain uses to synthesize dopamine and norepinephrine. While L-Tyrosine is present in foods, other amino acids compete for absorption in the gut. As such, supplementation can help maintain optimal mood and cognition.
- L-Theanine is another naturally-occuring amino acid, commonly found in green and black teas. L-Theanine can increase alpha brain wave activity and enhance attention while also subtly reducing anxiety. It primarily works by modulating glutamate in the brain.
- Oat Straw is a unique extract that can increase blood flow to the brain by boosting nitric oxide. Preliminary research has found that it may be be able to enhance cognition in healthy people.
- Phosphatidylserine is a fat-soluble, amino acid compound that is found in the brain. It’s primarily role is to support brain health and cellular membranes. However, this compound is depleted as we age, and as such is a useful prophylactic agent for maintaining healthy brain function.
- Cat’s Claw is a medicinal plant that is commonly recommended for reducing inflammation and fatigue. It is actually a vine native to the Amazon, and is sometimes referred to as the “rainforest super herb”.
- Alpha-GPC is a naturally occuring brain nutrient with powerful nootropic properties. Supplementation has shown to significantly enhance acetylcholine in the brain – neurotransmitter which is heavily involved in memory and attention.
- Bacopa is a nootropic herb that can boost memory and enhance mood. It is also quite effective at preventing inflammation in the brain.
- Huperzine-A is a plant with powerful nootropic actions. Huperzine-a works by maintaining high levels of acetylcholine for long periods of time, which improves learning and memory. It also helps grow new neurons in the brain.
- L-Leucine is a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) that is used by the body to synthesize protein. Supplementation may be able to increase energy levels.
- Vinpocetine is a synthetic nootropic that can increase oxygen and blood flow to the brain. It may also have antioxidant properties.
- Pterostilbene is a derivative of resveratrol, an anti-aging compound found in blueberries. There is not much research on it, but it appears to be a very potent antioxidant.
Alpha Brain Review – Benefits & Side Effects
Alpha Brain is one of the few nootropic stacks that has clinical research behind it. As of 2019 there have been three double-blind, placebo controlled studies specifically conducted to determine its effectiveness.1https://www.onnit.com/files/Onnit_AlphaBrain_Clinical.pdf2https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/268762243https://www.alzheimersanddementia.com/article/S1552-5260(15)00727-X/fulltext So far, all the research has indicated that supplementation can improve memory performance and increase brainwave activity.
One thing to note is that Alpha Brain is actually quite powerful. It’s not something that needs to be taken daily, and is best used for the most demanding days of your week. We suggest taking it no more than twice a week.
There are three key ingredients in Alpha Brain which seem to be doing most of the heavy lifting – Alpha-GPC, Huperzine-A, and Bacopa.
Alpha GPC is a potent nootropic in its own right. Supplementation provides significant amounts of choline to the brain, which is directly converted into the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Human studies have found supplementation to cause rapid improvements to memory performance.
Huperzine-A contains rare plant alkaloids with shockingly powerful nootropic actions. It’s most known for blocking the enzyme responsible for degrading acetylcholine in the brain, but it doesn’t end there. Supplementation may of huperzine-a increases the activity of three potent neurotrophins (NGF, BDNF, and TGF-β1), which promote the formation and survival of new neurons in the brain. The half-life is 10-14 hours long, which means it may stay active in the brain for over a full day.
Bacopa is a plant that is considered a heavyweight among herbal nootropics. It has considerable memory enhancing potential and may even improve mood. Uniquely, bacopa also raises levels of serotonin and dopamine in the hippocampus – the center of emotional and cognitive processing in the brain.
While these three ingredients do a lot of the heavy lifting, the other ingredients are complementary. When everything is taken as single stack, there does appear to be a synergistic quality that makes it quite powerful indeed.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.